Amayeza Information Services is an independent, medicine information centre that was founded in 2001.
The word “Amayeza” means “Medicine” in the Xhosa language.
Amayeza information centre is a trusted source of reliable, up-to-date, drug information to health professionals and the consumer.
With over 100 years of combined experience in drug information, Amayeza is ideally placed to provide both reactive as well as proactive services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Reactive drug information services
- Medicine information services are available and companies have outsourced this function to Amayeza on a permanent basis as well as to assist during certain times for example as maternity fill in.
- Product specific help lines e.g before and during new product launch campaigns
- Clinical trial recruitment
- Crisis management information support services during outbreaks or perceived outbreaks, product withdrawals, negative publicity etc.
- Literature searches
- Managed health care including formularies, compilation and maintenance thereof
- Treatment protocols
- Drug utilization reviews
- Patient education
- Maintenance of medical database and expert reports
Proactive drug information services
- The compilation of commissioned articles and conference reporting for medical and consumer journals and magazines
- Compilation and translation of medicine package inserts for pharmaceutical industry.
- Compilation, translation and dissemination of patient information leaflets on medicines, including leaflets for complementary medicines.
- Compilation and submission of clinical trial reports for publication in medical journals.
- Medicine formulary dossier preparations for submission to managed care companies
- The provision of medicines information for medical software programmes and websites.
- Medicine information lectures to pharmacy students.
- Training and continuing education on disease conditions, medicines and medicines management.
- Medical media support and liaison.
The team at Amayeza are qualified pharmacists who are available to provide reliable, accurate, objective, and up-to-date information on medicine to health care professionals across South Africa, whenever it is needed.
All our pharmacists have been trained in Vaccinology and Immunization, and in Pharmacovigilance.
The staff work as a team and difficult enquiries are debated internally and discussed at weekly meetings.
Amayeza also has access to advice from a variety of consultants who are each specialists within their chosen fields.
Lee Baker is the owner of Amayeza information Services and has been working in the field of medicines information since 1985. In addition Lee:
- Is President of SASTM (the South African Society of Travel Medicine) and a member of SAMEC (the South African Malaria Elimination Committee).
- Presents talks and vaccine training to nurses and other health care professionals.
- Gives lectures at the SASTM (South African Society of Travel Medicine) course on immunisation
- Is the South African Representative of the Pharmacy Professional Group for the International Society of Travel Medicine (ISTM)
- Has edited a number of books.
- Has attended numerous Travel medicine, Vaccinology and Malaria conferences at which she has presented.
Jacky van Schoor
Has been working in the field of medicine information since 1989, Jacky has a Masters in patient information.
Drug information pharmacist working in medicine information since 2009
Our recently appointed Drug Information Pharmacist
Drug Information pharmacist working in medicine information since 2014, coming from retail pharmacy.
Drug Information pharmacist working in medicine information since 2015, coming from retail pharmacy.
Office & Admin Management