Amayeza Information Services is an independent, medicine information centre that was founded in 2001.
The word “Amayeza” means “Medicine” in the Xhosa language.
Amayeza information centre is a trusted source of reliable, up-to-date, drug information to health professionals and the consumer.
With over 60 years of combined experience in drug information, Amayeza is ideally placed to provide both reactive as well as proactive services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Reactive drug information services
- Medicine information services are available and companies have outsourced this function to Amayeza on a permanent basis as well as to assist during certain times for example as maternity fill in.
- Product specific help lines e.g before and during new product launch campaigns
- Clinical trial recruitment
- Crisis management information support services during outbreaks or perceived outbreaks, product withdrawals, negative publicity etc.
- Literature searches
- Managed health care including formularies, compilation and maintenance thereof
- Treatment protocols
- Drug utilization reviews
- Patient education
- Maintenance of medical database and expert reports
Proactive drug information services
- The compilation of commissioned articles and conference reporting for medical and consumer journals and magazines
- Compilation and translation of medicine package inserts for pharmaceutical industry.
- Compilation, translation and dissemination of patient information leaflets on medicines, including leaflets for complementary medicines.
- Compilation and submission of clinical trial reports for publication in medical journals.
- Medicine formulary dossier preparations for submission to managed care companies
- The provision of medicines information for medical software programmes and websites.
- Medicine information lectures to pharmacy students.
- Training and continuing education on disease conditions, medicines and medicines management.
- Medical media support and liaison.
The team at Amayeza are qualified pharmacists who are available to provide reliable, accurate, objective, and up-to-date information on medicine to health care professionals across South Africa, whenever it is needed.
All our pharmacists have been trained in Vaccinology and Immunization, and in Pharmacovigilance.
The staff work as a team and difficult enquiries are debated internally and discussed at weekly meetings.
Amayeza also has access to advice from a variety of consultants who are each specialists within their chosen fields.
Lee Baker worked in the field of medicines information since 1985 and was the co-founder of Amayeza information services in 2001 along with Jacky van Schoor. She will be sorely missed for her expertise and advice, by her colleagues and the industry at large. Her work in Medicine Information, Malaria and Travel Medicine, played an important role in advancing their causes.
Ryan Baker took over as owner and CEO of Amayeza Info Services from 1 April 2022. With an honours degree in Management Accounting, Ryan then spent over 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry in a financial and operations capacity, before venturing into his own business. In 2021 when Lee indicated her upcoming resignation, she asked Ryan to fulfill a business role for Amayeza whilst Sumari Davis would fulfill the operational role in order to maintain business continuity in her absence.
Jacky van Schoor
Has been working in the field of medicine information since 1989, Jacky has a Masters in patient information.
Drug information pharmacist and General Manager, working in medicine information since 2009.
Our recently appointed Drug Information Pharmacist.
Drug Information pharmacist working in medicine information since 2014, coming from retail pharmacy.
Drug Information pharmacist working in medicine information since 2015, coming from retail pharmacy.
Office & Admin Management.